در این پست یک تمرین کامل در زمینه ی تقویت مهارت شنیداری با موضوع انگلیسی تجاری برای شما آماده کردیم.
تو اخراجی !
فلیپ رئیس یک شرکت فناوری اطلاعات است. همانطور که در ویدئوی زیر خواهید دید ، مدیر بخش فروش ، برایان ، در یک تماس تلفنی ، موضوعی را به او می گوید که برای فلیپ قابل توجیه و باور کردنی نیست.
برای شروع بهتر است با چند لغت مهم در زمینه ی Business English آشنا شویم. با استفاده از یک دیکشنری ، لغت های زیر را به یکی از معانی داده شده وصل کنید. با یادگیری این لغت ها ، می توانید ویدئوی این تمرین رو بهتر متوجه بشید.
a. degree b. HR c. interpersonal skills d. IT peripheral e. last quarter f. let someone go g. masters h. performance review i. pull one’s wight j. team player k. the last straw l. track record m. trade press n. vision
1. a computer device, such as a CD-ROM drive or printer that is attached to the main computer
2. the final three months of the financial year
3. also known as an employee appraisal, is a method by which the job performance of an employee is evaluated
4. the final irritation that stretches your patience beyond the limit
5. this is an informal expression to mean fire or sack somebody from their job
6. Abbreviation of ‘Human Resources’ – the personnel department of an organization, dealing with the recruitment, administration, management and training of employees
7. do the work that one is obligated to
8. an award conferred by a college, university, or other post secondary educational institution as official recognition for the successful completion of a program of studies
9. An advanced degree, past your first degree, but before PhD
10. someone’s past performances viewed as a whole
11. someone who works well as part of a team
12. the ability to relate well to other people
13. a term used to describe an image of the future. In business terms it is a clear, detailed picture of what can be achieved
14. magazines and newspapers that are written for a particular sector of an industry
جواب این تمرین رو می تونید در انتهای پست ببینید.
حالا فیلم رو تماشا کنید و به سوالات پایین جواب بدید. متن ویدئو در انتهای این پست قرار داده شده.
1. Phillip Hart is angry at Brian because …
Brian had some personal problems
Brian is joking
Brian lost an important contract
2. Phillip rings Marcia to ask her to
help him fire Brian
help him decide on a replacement for Brian
ask him a good question
3. The new employee will need
a higher degree only
a higher degree and five years’ experience
a higher degree and five years’ international experience
4. Which skills and experience are NOT essential for the new employee?
5. Where is Marcia going to place an advertisement?
in the specialist media
online and in specialist media
جواب های این تمرین رو در انتهای مطلب ببینید.
فوت کوزه گری !
در این فیلم ، مدیر یکی از کارمندان ارشدش رو اخراج کرد. برای صحبت کردن درباره ی اخراج کسی ، می تونیم از عبارت های زیر استفاده کنیم :
He was dismissed for turning up late on a regular basis.
The director was discharged of his duties.
give someone the axe
give someone their cards
give someone the boot
متن ویدئو :
PH: You what? What do you mean? You’ve lost the DollarMart contract? Oh Brian, tell me you’re joking! That’s our biggest contract! And you’ve lost it!
OK… OK… yes, I know you’ve had some personal problems recently… yes, sure… yes, I know our competitors have improved their offer… but, really Brian, these are just excuses…
Oh Brian, come on – you failed to meet agreed targets for the entire last quarter. We talked about this at your last performance review and I told you then it had to improve and to be quite honest – it hasn’t. Losing the DollarMart contract is the last straw… No, I’m sorry Brian that’s it, that’s your last chance. I’m going to have to let you go.
Let you go. Yes. That’s what it means Brian. You’re fired.
Hi Jess, can you put me through to Marcia in HR please?
Hi Marcia. It’s Philip here. Listen, I’ve had to let Brian go. He lost us the DollarMart account. Yeah, but it had been going on for a while, he just wasn’t pulling his weight anymore. He’d been warned – his last performance review was really bad. He knew it was coming…
So – we’ll be looking for someone new and we’ll need to decide on who that is…
Who are we looking for? Good question…I was hoping you might be able to help me with that! Here’s what I’m thinking and let me know if you agree.
Well, obviously, they’ll need to have a first degree, doesn’t matter what subject, and then a masters or an MBA, I’d say.
Experience? At least five years’ relevant experience, in an international company – I want somebody with a proven track record. Oh they have to be a team player – Brian never was – so strong interpersonal skills. Oh and I want someone with vision… yes, “vision” – I know it’s difficult to define, but what I mean is, someone who knows we’re in a rapidly changing market, and they can use it to our advantage.
Experience with online sales, perhaps – but yes, I’d be interested in that. Oh, language skills – I can’t emphasise that enough – not necessarily a native speaker, but they must be very good at English, and another language as well, Spanish, or Mandarin is best.
Does that sound OK to you? Great! OK, can you get an ad out on the website as soon as possible, and the trade press, as well? OK, great, thanks Marcia. I want a new sales director by the end of the month!
پاسخ های تمرین اول :
1. d; 2. e; 3. h; 4. k; 5. f; 6. b; 7. i; 8. a; 9. g; 10. l; 11. j; 12. c; 13. n; 14. m
1.c; 2.b; 3.c; 4.a; 5.c