یک تمرین لغت استاندارد و حرفه ای در بخش های متفاوت در زمینه لغت های آکادمیک براتون آماده کردیم.
تمرین اول : با استفاده از لغت های زیر ، جمله ها رو کامل کنید :
arbitrary (adj) assign (v) context (n) criterion (n) data (n) denote (v) devise (v) formulate (v) ignore (v) impact (n)
similar (adj) summary (n) usage (n) vertical (adj)
1. Although not exactly identical, the two books are so _____________________ to each other that one
author must have copied much of his book from the other.
2. The Prime Minister set up a committee of financial experts to help him discuss and
_________________ new policies.
3. It is often possible to guess the meaning of a word from the other words around it — that is to say,
4. In 1990, the British researcher Tim Berners-Lee _____________________ the first browser, and so
paved the way for the development of the World Wide Web.
5. In newspapers, the layout of the columns is _____________________, while the rows run across the
6. The rise in the number of deaths from AIDS has had a very significant _____________________ on
people’s sexual behaviour.
7. The _____________________ of drugs has increased significantly in spite of more severe penalties
such as longer prison sentences.
8. Students should not try to write down everything they hear in a lecture, but just make a
_____________________ of the most important points.
9. We use the term “class” to _________________________ groups of people who share the same
social and economic backgrounds.
10. In one case, a murderer may go to prison for life, while another may be set free: it all seems
11. The new journalist was ____________________ to researching the election promises of the main
12. Before we can judge a government’s success, we have to decide the ____________________, such
as unemployment, defence or taxation.
13. One student failed because he completely ________________________ the instructions on the
paper, although they appeared at the top of every page.
14. Market researchers use _________________________ such as people’s spending patterns as well
as information about age and occupation to decide on the most effective marketing strategies.
پاسخ تمرین های بخش اول :
1. similar, 2. formulate, 3. context, 4. devised, 5. vertical, 6. impact, 7. usage, 8. summary, 9. denote , 10. arbitrary, 11. assigned, 12. criteria, 13. ignored, 14. data
تمرین های بخش دوم :
در هر جمله ، از بین دو کلمه ی مشخص شده ، لغت مناسب رو مشخص کنید :
1. During the 1970’s and 1980’s, it became increasingly evident / visible that companies in the West
2. The United Kingdom makes / publishes more books than any other country.
3. There has been a major road accident, involving / including 23 cars and 16 lorries.
4. On the basis of the latest survey, we know that most people have a very negative / bleak view of
politicians and their parties.
5. In many parts of the world, people are becoming more worried about the danger of pollution and
its effect on the environment / ecology.
6. Education experts from France travelled to Japan to evaluate / judge the secondary school system
7. Although it is not very big, the library has an excellent range / variety of books, journals and other
resources for study.
8. Increasingly, the design of buildings is being adjusted / modified to allow easier access for disabled
9. The lack of extra student accommodation restricted / narrowed the expansion in student numbers
which the university was planning.
10. Many students acquire / derive a great deal of enjoyment and satisfaction from their time at
11. Although the world is getting warmer slowly, the increase in temperature varies / fluctuates from
country to country.
12. Following the bank raid, the police followed / pursued the robbers but were unable to catch them.
13. Assessment on this course includes / consists of coursework (30%) and examinations (70%).
پاسخ تمرین های بخش دوم :
1. evident, 2. publishes, 3. involving, 4. negative, 5. environment, 6. evaluate, 7. range, 8. modified, 9. restricted, 10. derive, 11. varies, 12. pursued, 13.consists of